Monday, March 28, 2016

First Day of Spring Quarter

Last night was just as incredible as the first. One change was made to the set list, though: "On an Island" was replaced with "What Do You Want From Me" from The Division Bell. This is apparently David's first time performing that song as a solo artist. It sounded great, nonetheless. I got two pieces of merchandise before the show: a small women's tour tee and a keychain. I'm wearing the shirt now. It fits great and I've even received a compliment for it. The keychain is attached to my car keys. I wrote on Facebook that this is a spring break I am never going to forget. It was truly special and memorable. I got to see my musical hero twice. I will always remember that, because I thought for a long time that I would never get to see him.

I texted my dad to record tonight's episode of Jimmy Kimmel, since David is supposed to be performing on that show. I hear this is a rare occurrence, as David doesn't often perform on TV shows, let alone talk-show programs.

Anyway, aside from David, I drove back to campus today to start the third and final quarter of the year. Can't believe it's already almost done. It's as if yesterday I was just moving in. I am taking four classes this quarter, all of which are breadth requirements. Breadth requirements are also called general education classes, as they don't have anything to do with your major. They're just classes you have to take to graduate. I had two meetings today. The first was my new English class. This class is more about writing persuasive and argumentative essays. I think I can handle that. We're even reading The Hunger Games starting next week. I'm going home this weekend since dad and I are seeing Steve Hackett on Friday, so I will grab my sister's copy of the book to take back with me. The second meeting was a lab that accompanies the lecture for a computer science class. It's called Intro to Computing. The class description stated it would be about basic computer use. Sounds doable…

On the drive back, I played two albums: Dark Side of the Moon, and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I played Dark Side because I have had a strong urge to play anything that features David lately. I played Sgt. Pepper because I hadn't heard it in a while and it is commonly mentioned in the prog rock history books and documentaries I have studied. I actually ended up liking a lot more than I remember. I can understand better why it was such a landmark album. From what I've heard, it was basically the first album to introduce the idea of songs running into each other, as well as a certain concept surrounding the entire record, even though it's debatable as to whether the album is in fact a concept album. I don't know. You make your own conclusion on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment