Saturday, March 26, 2016

3/26/16

I got a couple of emails from the professors of two of my spring quarter classes. One is for an introduction to computing and the other is for a class about contemporary poetry. I spent some time taking notes on the books I will need to get. I decided to step things up a notch and take four classes instead of three this quarter, especially since that is the recommended amount of classes one should take in order to be considered a full- time student. The books for the computer class are all online only, so that will save me some space in my dorm and in my backpack. I know I’m going to be busy this quarter, but I want to finish my freshman year as best I can. I can’t believe I’m already almost done with my first year. It went by so quickly.

Anyway, I’m very excited for tomorrow. Never mind the fact that it’s Easter Sunday, I will be spending the evening enjoying Mr. David Gilmour again. He’s playing at the Forum in Inglewood. I haven’t been there since August 2014, when I saw Arcade Fire there. Our seats aren’t great but I am still glad that we are able to go at all. Many of my friends are also going to see him when he goes to Chicago and New York. Some people I know were at last night’s show at the Hollywood Bowl. I heard that he added another song to the set list: “What Do You Want From Me” from The Division Bell. That makes me wonder if he will add or subtract anything at tomorrow’s show. We’ll see…


I have decided that I would like to get a shirt from the merchandise stand. Lately, I have been getting just tour programs at concerts instead of shirts, but since this is so special to me, I would like to have a shirt as well. I don’t mind getting one from a person selling them outside the venue, since I have done that before. It beats standing in line for ages at the merchandise stand. Plus, the people outside the venue sell them for way cheaper. However, there comes a certain problem with being a female prog fan: it’s often very difficult (and sometimes impossible!) to find women’s shirts. Most of my prog shirts are men’s tees, unfortunately, either because that was all that was available, or I didn’t like the women’s shirts that were offered. The men’s shirts do tend to be better I have to say. It’s very hard to predict what will be available at prog merchandise stands. Again, we’ll just have to see…

2 comments:

  1. I used to get programs until my wife started going with me-she insisted on getting me a shirt and started a new tradition:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting. I started getting programs because there was more to look at (plus it was cheaper the getting a shirt). The cool thing about programs is that you often don't have to stand in line at all. There are often people walking around selling them for $10-20.

    ReplyDelete