Thursday, March 17, 2016

3/17/16

We finally got my new turntable set up downstairs in the family room. I got it for my 18th birthday but we didn't have a good sound system to hook it up to. It took 14 months for this to happen but I'm glad we finally succeeded.

I only got Fulfillingness' First Finale yesterday and I've already heard it 3 times. It was the first album I played on the new turntable. Sounds much better than it does on my Crosley portable turntable. On the new one I also played side 1 of Diamond Dogs as well as some of my 45s.

I think I'll give disc 2 of that collection of The Nice recordings the owner of my local record store let me borrow yesterday. I really liked the first disc so I imagine I will like disc 2 as well.

Only a week left until I see David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl. David is my musical hero so I'm super excited for this. We got our tickets back in July so it's been a long wait. Hard to believe it's already almost here. Time really does fly. I got a vinyl copy of his new solo album Rattle That Lock so I could frame it in my dorm. I like his third solo album On an Island better, but I'm happy with this one too. I haven't looked up any past set lists because I want to go in surprised. I'm seeing David twice. Next Thursday at the Hollywood Bowl and next Sunday at The Forum. The first show I'm going to is the first night of his US tour, so I'm expecting there to be a ton of energy from everyone. We'll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment