Tuesday, October 4, 2016

10/4/16

The first quarter of my sophomore year is going pretty well. I'm taking four classes, a total of 17 units. I'm taking two English writing classes, a computer science class, and a world history class. There's lots of reading and writing to do, as you can imagine, but I think it's doable.

My tattoo is healing very nicely. A new layer of skin has formed over it, so it is officially a part of me now. I can wear tank tops now so people can see it. So far, I've received quite a few compliments. I feel very proud of it.

On September 24, I saw Al Stewart for the second time in Thousand Oaks. One of the guys that ran the merchandise stand recognized me from the show I went to back in February. The venue for this show was much better than the first one. It was bigger and the sound was better. Al was accompanied by more people on stage this time around. I stayed after to say hi to him. Sadly, I don't think he remembered me from February, but I told him that I thought the story he told about taking guitar lessons from Robert Fripp was interesting. The funny thing is, I remember reading an interview with Robert Fripp a while ago in PROG magazine. There was a part where he talked about the days when he gave guitar lessons, and he said that, of all the students he had, the only one who went on to become successful was Al. He said that the reason for this was because Al never took any of his advice. I always found that interesting.

I deactivated my Facebook again. I think this time I will keep it that way until after the presidential election. There's so much negative energy on Facebook right now because of it, and I only expect it to get worse as the election gets closer. However, I still plan to update this blog during my time away from Facebook. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment