Monday, August 24, 2015

One year ago...

One year ago today, I saw my third Yes concert. I never imagined that that would be my last time seeing Chris. Chances are, no one in that entire theater thought of the possibility of him not being there, at least not any time soon. We've seen Yes without Jon Anderson. We've seen Yes without Steve Howe. We've seen Yes without Rick Wakeman, Trevor Horn, Trevor Rabin, Peter Banks, Billy Sherwood, Tony Kaye, Bill Bruford, Benoit David, Jon Davison, Patrick Moraz, Igor Khoroshev, and Oliver Wakeman. But we've never, ever seen a Yes without Chris Squire until now. Given that he was the only member to appear on every album and every tour, it was hard to imagine the band without him. At least for me it was. I'm anxiously waiting for the next issue of PROG magazine, which is going to be all about Chris and the impact he had on other musicians and the legacy he left behind.

I won't get to see them this summer on their tour with Toto, but from what I've seen on Billy Sherwood's FB page, it seems to be going quite well. They even play a nice tribute video for Chris before each show. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujI3ctUVHuU)

No comments:

Post a Comment