Wednesday, July 4, 2018

7/4/18

Not really sure of what to call this entry, so I just won't give it a name. I'm not up to much this Fourth of July, other than trying to stay out of the heat and spending the afternoon prepping food for the evening.

I spent all of yesterday afternoon listening to a number of tunes while I sat in my room working on a latching kit my grandmother gave me. I played the three Ghost studio albums that I own: Prequelle, Infestissumam, and Meliora (my personal favorite). Truthfully, my dad and I both seem to be in a phase where we can't stop playing their music. Their music seems to be all I hear coming from my dad's office, and I currently have my Prequelle CD in my car. It seems as though the more we listen to them, the harder it is for us to accept the fact that we have to wait another 4 months before we see them at The Forum.

I'm not just enjoying the music, but I'm also enjoying the whole idea of this band, particularly the theatrics and the anonymity of the band members besides Tobias Forge. Anonymity within a band has always fascinated me. The decision to make your band, or "project" as some call it, solely about the music is one that I really appreciate. I think about bands that take a similar approach by not showing their faces on stage or in interviews like Daft Punk or Buckethead. Too often, when I watch videos of bands performing, I see a large amount of comments that focus on the physical appearance of the band members, and not a word about the music they just played. With the prevalence of the Internet and social media, it can be hard to protect one's identity completely, but these bands manage to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment