Wednesday, June 8, 2016

6/8/16

Sorry it's been almost a month since my last entry. I have been taking an extended break from Facebook and social media in general. Facebook was once a positive, upbeat place where you reconnected with people from your life. Nowadays, it has become a black hole full of negativity, politics, religion, pointless debates that never get resolved, and the ugly world known as the comment section. I realized that it's not good for me to see that every single day, so I deactivated my account for a few weeks. I reactivated it today, but deleted the app from my phone, since I realized that that is where I log on the most often. From now on, I think I will just go on to make a few updates or to post a new blog entry.

Anyway, I am home for the summer. I came home Monday afternoon after my finals. I can't believe my first year of college is done. It went by so quickly! I got very lucky this last quarter. My computer science class had no final. My poetry class did have a final, but we worked on it during the last few weeks of the quarter and then turned it in on the day of the last lecture. The only two finals I really had were in my English class and in a class I took on an intro to women's rights. I think I did well.

Concertwise, I have a few more shows to look forward to this year. Firstly, I learned that Al Stewart would be coming to Thousand Oaks in September, which is very close to my hometown. Naturally, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. In addition, my dad and I got tickets to see Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, and Trevor Rabin at the Orpheum in November. However, we ended up with nosebleed seats since those were the only decently priced seats. As much as we love those guys, we weren't willing to squander well over $1500 for both of us to briefly meet them. We learned that lesson when we did the Yes meet and greet back in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment