Friday, May 13, 2016

5/13/16

Haven't been up to too much in the last few weeks. I've mainly just been trying to finish off my first year of college as best as I can. My English professor is really happy with my writing. She told me that she thinks I am an A-level writer and that she is very impressed with my essays. That makes me feel really good. My poetry class is going pretty well too. I like having at least one class that allows me to exercise my creativity. Grading is pretty loose in that class, so it's hard to not do well in it. My computer science class is a little tough, though. Some concepts are basic while others are more technical. Oh, well. I'm doing what I can.

Concert-wise, I have a few more things to look forward to. First, my dad and I will be seeing Yes in Santa Barbara in late August. We're essentially giving them one more chance. If this show is as low-energy as the last one, then we will have to retire from going to Yes concerts. I hope that's not the case, though. I also learned yesterday that the new Jon Anderson project with Rick Wakeman and Trevor Rabin will be at the Orpheum on November 22. A Tuesday night, yes, but I'm thrilled. I wish it had been a day later though, since that is the week of Thanksgiving vacation, and I will be going home the very next day.


Since today is Stevie Wonder's 66th birthday, I played a couple of his albums while I was baking this evening. I played Fulfillingness' First Finale and Disc One of Songs in the Key of Life. Great tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment