Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Message

Alright proggers! Another year has come and gone. I am using the final hour of 2016 to write this message to all of you. This was a terrific year for concerts in particular. This year, my dream to see David Gilmour was fulfilled. Along with that, I made some important new musical discoveries, the main one being Marillion. It's only been a little over two months since my first time seeing them, and I already feel very strongly about them. I look forward to spending 2017 discovering the rest of their music. I think I will make a strong effort to show them to other people in my life who may not be so familiar with them. I feel like they are a band that people just need to at least be aware of. I feel a solemn duty to make sure that their talent isn't overlooked.

As for the rest of you, I know that this year was tough for some of you. 2016 had its share of setbacks for me, particularly the loss of Greg Lake and Keith Emerson. As devastated as I am by these losses, I also know that no one is destined to live forever, and that our time on this earth is finite. Unfortunately, if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that you're going to have some years where it seems like all hope is lost and that things can't get any worse. I've had a few years like that, but when I think about it, I eventually got through those tough times, and I'm still here today. Even though things may seem hopeless at times, just know that you WILL get through them. Hang on to the people and things in your life that matter to you. Keep them close and don't take a single one of them for granted. That is the main lesson I took away from this year. 

I gained lots of new members on ProgBook this year, and I'm really excited for that. Thank you so much to everyone for all your support. Your enthusiasm for prog and for music in general is what inspires me to keep this group and this blog active. I hope you all have a very happy and safe 2017 full of music and memories. :)

 - J Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment